Nino Migliori Nino Migliori is a photographer from Bologna, Italy. He was born September 29, 1926 and is 93 years old today. The book “Walls” is a compilation of photos taken over 30 years by Migliori who was looking to explore the way that the walls that people walk by everyday could tell a story. His compositions are very simple. For the most part, he photographs the walls straight on, focusing on a small section. A lot of the photos are abstract in that you cannot tell specifically what is on the wall, but with many of them, it is possible to make out shapes or even faces like one would do with clouds. Migliori grew up and lived through World War II where his hometown of Bologna was part of the action. A lot of the events from his early years were the inspiration for him to take pictures of walls because they showed layers and the hardships the areas had faced. He used a film camera because that was the main form of photography during the time perio...
Megan McDermott Subject: Landscape photography, elemental For my final project I intend to photograph nature in its elemental state. I want to explore photography in this area because while doing the ‘style’ assignment I was inspired by the works of Harry Callahan and his unique composition of elements of nature. He photographed not a large expanse of nature but narrowed it down to small frames filled with elements that have no apparent narrative or progression to them. This allows the viewer to look at the image without any preconceived notions of the subject or the meaning behind the photograph thus letting them give meaning to the photograph or see slight details that would otherwise be overlooked. Since my subject is the great outdoors, revisiting it should not be too hard. However, there are a few different places that I want to photograph including Whipple Dam, a park on the way to a dog shelter I visit and Rothrock State Forest. Some of these places wil...
Born in 1933 and died in 2008. He started in paintings. He used film cameras. He also did a lot of work with shadows and cut outs. Where he takes a photo of someone and inserts the image so that there is an image behind and the cut out or just light placed. HE also did movie work as a director. Mostly horizontal photos. By using different shapes he shows how light can effect those spaces. I put a modern touch to the photos by using color and object. Moving my backgrounds into different positions to find the best light through the shape I had.
Comments
Post a Comment